Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Training Dummy Tested, Malygos Approved

So last night our guild did its first official Malygos Heroic run. Talk about the worst DPS benchmark ever. Fortunately, it is a very good test of a Shadow Priest's mettle as a raider. It's also a great chance to show your guild that you're ready for anything, especially if they pull you in as an "oh I GUESS we can take you since our warlock had to leave" substitute. *cough*notbitter*cough*

Phase 1 is simple enough, but you'll have to be on the ball. I started the fight mostly the same, except I popped IF - trinkets -MB immediately after I got 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving (SW). Since phase 1 involves parts where you can only cast instant spells, I tried to stretch out my DoT timers so that they would be just fading by the time I got launched into the air. I also cast VE, PW:S and Dispersion (when possible) to soften the damage from the vortex and help the healers out.

Phase 2 is tricky, because you have to do a lot of running around. We had 4 melee dps on the discs first (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go here), and after that it was a free for all. I snagged one and managed to hit number 5 on my recount for that fight. Normally I hovered around 7 or 8. TIP: Get on a flying disc as soon as you are permitted, IF you are permitted.

Phase 3...boy, you don't even know. Neither do I. I'm pretty sure your stats won't matter at ALL. We only survived this part for about 30 seconds, so I have no tips at all.

One of the officers posted a WWS sheet for the attempts, but for some reason I'm number 10 overall on his list. Clearly I don't have it down quite yet, but by golly, I was better than the mages, and that makes me smile. See you after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment