Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Nerf for the Wicked

A little birdie just sent me to (VERY) unofficial patch notes for 3.1.0, and if they're real (people seem to think they are not), boy will I be excited. The full text can be found here, but I'll post just a few of the Shadow-Priesty things that made me squee my pants a little:
  • Mental Strength: Also increases armor contribution from items by 5%/10%/15%.
  • Mind Melt: Critical strike chance increased by 3%/6%.
  • Improved Shadow Word: Pain: Now increases damage by 5%/10%.
And from official blue posts via MMO Champion, here's a far more likely change that is prettah good.
  • Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
That one seems more for PVP folks, but could be incredibly useful for a few boss fights here and there, and reducing magic damage is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS welcome. Even if the damage increases are naught but lies, I'll be happy with the Shadow Form and Dispersion buffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment