Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two Drakes, One Onyxia Clone.

Having never seen the original "two girls, one cup" nonsense, I don't mind bringing up the disgusting image for you all.

Last night, the mighty 25 downed Sartharion with two drakes. I feel a little bad. Sarthypoo was just doing his job, protecting his brood's eggs, and we had to come in and get all up in his ugly face. "What? You wanna go? We'll go right now, beeyatch!" Right! So he didn't drop ANYTHING I cared about, which was sad, because the more I see the pieces I want, the less competition I'll eventually have for them!

The good news is that it was the first 25-man I'd run since the 3.0.8 patch, and I'd like to report that I popped in at number 2 in the overall WWS, and number 5 on the final kill (neither WWS counted time in the Twilight Portals killing Vesperon's minions). I finally broke the 3k dps barrier (on the kill, at least)! Next up: breaknig 4k. Just a few more gear upgrades and I'm good. Still need a better ring, and still need new bracers. Could use the valor token shoulders and gloves, too. (I won the gloves, but accidentally got the healing set piece...ticket's still open.) I wonder just a little bit if my increased dps has anything to do with blizzard fixing Mind Flay. "Mind Flay: Fixed a bug with targeting where you would not deal damage if not facing the target while channeling. Also corrected an issue where the damage from this ability was slightly delayed." Any theorynerds (looove youuu!) want to weigh in on that?

I also learned a little something about what I call "running dps," or doing damage while getting into/changing position for a boss fight. I've posted previously about spell rotation and what I use, but in light of the new patch, I've updated it slightly. Luckily, the updated initial cast sequence allows for changes during running dps fights. This is what I used last night:
DP > SW:P > SW:D > VT > MF(1tick) > MB
For "run in and stand still" fights, it's:
VT > DP > SW:P > SW:D > MF(1tick) > MB
Based on the latest theorycrafting threads I've seen, you benefit more from MB with 5 stacks of weaving than you do from SW:P with 5 stacks of weaving. I'll get to all that when I finish my series on Shadow Priest Spells. As for what to do when you finish the initial rotation, well, just do what you normally do, except you might need to use SW:D a little more frequently while you're running to and from portals and lava walls.

Stay tuned next time for the next Shadow Priest spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment